Beauties, let’s talk about Matcha! This is something that we’re seeing everywhere at the moment… from Matcha shots to inclusion in lattes and even desserts.
Like green tea, matcha comes from the Camellia sinensis plant, but it is grown slightly differently. They cover their tea plants 20–30 days before harvest to avoid direct sunlight and this increases chlorophyll production, boosts the amino acid content and gives the plant a darker green hue. Once the tea leaves are harvested, the stems and veins are removed and the leaves are ground up into a fine powder known as matcha.
Matcha comes from the same plant as green tea, but since it is made from the entire leaf, it packs in a more concentrated amount of antioxidants and beneficial plant compounds
Here are some quick facts about matcha!
- It is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg. Matcha contains the antioxidants of 10 cups of regular green tea
- Detoxifies the body as it has a high level of chlorophyll, stimulating the immune system and energises the body, along with detoxifying your blood and eliminating fungus in the body.
- Increases metabolism as it can help your body burn calories 4x quicker than normal.
- It’s a great source of energy, releases energy over 4-6 hours so you stay energized throughout the day.
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium, along with being rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins.
For Outer Beauty, why not try…
Superfood Day Cream
Hydrating Gel Cleanser
Rituals Discovery Set