One thing I’ve found I’ve really been enjoying recently and has had a very positive effect on my mood is having a nice warm bath, particular as the weather starts to cool down. I find it ultra relaxing and I also love adding products such as bath oils and salts to create a real mood through scent.
Bath salts are one of my favourite ways of doing this – and when I came across these salts from Frank Body, I was intrigued. What I also found really interesting was the fact that the salts were multi-purpose – you can use them as a scrub on the body and also add some to your bath as regular salts.
Bath salts are wonderful for…
- Moisturising the skin: salts can help the skin barrier function, hydrating the skin, and decreasing inflammation
- The warmth of the water and the salts help to relax muscles and leave you feeling more relaxed as well as helping to detoxify the body, and relieve internal swelling.
- The macro and trace minerals found in salts are necessary for our health and can actually be drawn into the bloodstream during a warm bath, which can help to balance out the entire body.
- The magnesium-rich salt can help to relieve muscle spasms and menstrual cramps as well.
- The warm bath and the minerals in the salts, along with the usual addition of ingredients like lavender and chamomile (both can be found in these salts) help your body to relax and promote sleep.
What’s to love?
- Their tongue in cheek packaging: for example it says ‘tear my top off’ at the top of the packaging where you rip… love the playfulness.
- The lavender scent isn’t too overpowering. It enriches your bath without overpowering it.
- It really shines when used as a body scrub – it feels amazing! The skin is left feeling moisturised and super soft which is something I really enjoyed.
What’s in it?
- Magnesium – to melt away tension, it is also thought that magnesium can be absorbed through the skin, giving you wonderful internal benefits too.
- Epsom salts – to ease the body and soften the skin
- Lavender – the relax the mind
- Chamomile – to calm you down
The ingredients list is kept very small, without lots of additional filler ingredients – just all the goodness. It’s also 100% naturally derived, not tested on animals and vegan friendly!
I’ve been really enjoying using these salts when I have a bath just before bed to put me in the right frame of mind for sleep… these are gorgeous!
Leave A Comment