Beauties… it’s getting really cold this January, isn’t it? I always find myself reaching for soup to keep me warmed at lunchtime.
I’m loving this recipe from Marielle Alix which is also vegan friendly, perfect for “Veganuary” in fact! It’s perfectly anti inflammatory and rich in chlorophyll and protein.
The recipe is also dairy free!
Here’s a quote from Marielle about this recipe:
Here is another gorgeous soup adapted from the Hemsley sisters – fantastically healthy with the cruciferous broccoli but also a filling meal in itself thanks to the proteins in the white beans.
With its anti-inflammatory ginger and lots of chlorophyll from the coriander you have a perfect soup-meal. To serve add a drizzle of walnut or olive oil or of chimichurri sauce or toasted seeds.
INGREDIENTS for 4 people
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 large onions roughly chopped
- Optional – 4 garlic cloves diced
- A large piece of fresh root ginger (about 160g) – unpeeled if organic – roughly chopped
- A small pinch of cayenne pepper
- 600g broccoli, slice the stalks and roughly chop the florets
- 1 litre veggie broth
- 1 tin (250g drained weight) of white haricot beans
- 4 large handfuls of fresh parsley
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 3 tbsp. tamari or 2–3 large pinches of sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
Read the Instructions on her website
What are your favourite sort of recipes for the winter? Share your favourite recipes with us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Leave A Comment