We all know that CBD is the hot topic at the moment. It’s something that’s becoming well known not only for its effects on the skin but also its therapeutic and health aspects as well… so much so that the NHS are starting to use it to help with multiple sclerosis and epilepsy.
But with that popularity, there’s a lot of confusion and a lot of products out there making all manner of claims about their products…and it’s because of this that we recently held our CBD event. With ‘CBD and Women’s Health’ our intention was to help separate fact from fiction, with the support of leading CBD experts and we discovered the following:
That what it comes down to is: everyone has their own experience, their own journey with CBD. What works for one person may not work for another: and the same goes for the strength of the product. Some people find better effects from using a lower dosage, some people only get effects from a higher dosage –there’s no one size fits all. With that being said, not all brands are created equally and not all CBD is the same, so when we find a brand that helps cut through that noise and is very transparent and educational with everything they do, we knew we had to talk about them.
Firstly… what is CBD?
CBD is a cannabinoid found in the marijuana. It is one of more than 100 cannabinoids, which are compounds found throughout the cannabis and hemp plants.
The benefits of CBD are vast, here are some of the key ones:
- It can relieve pain: it has been used to treat pain as far back as 2900 B.C.
- It reduced inflammation in the body
- Could reduce anxiety and depression
- Can alleviate cancer related symptoms such as nausea, vomiting and pain.
- Could benefit heart health.
Here’s a piece from Zinmar Adkin – a cannabis marketing consultant and founder of CBD wellness platform ‘Roll with Z’ @Rollwithz – breaking down what CBD is and how it could work for you.
We were pleased to have the support of CBD brand Zoetic who were kind enough to gift products for our guests goody bags at the event – which were very well received.
One important piece of learning is that when looking at a CBD brand…check how much information they provide on their website. Zoetic does this beautifully –
- tThey clearly display lab results so you can see what the breakdown is and how much is actually in the product (which is something you should absolutely look for), they also discuss on their website how the product is sourced and give helpful explanations on how CBD works. This is exactly what you need to look for when looking for a CBD brand – particularly when you’re looking for a supplement.
- They are clear with their information, show exactly how it works to make effective, no-nonsense products with evidence to back their claims. Love that.
- The brand even goes into the best way to consumer the product and how the different methods work: topically, Sublingually and through ingestion.
- They also have articles about how it helps with anxiety, how it works on pets, Tintures vs gels and more in their ‘zoetic journal’.
- In a time where information is confused, this brand champions clarity and education for the consumer.
We also love that they talk about how they farm their products and say this: “We are also free of neurotoxins and heavy metals and produced with natural sunlight and recycled living soil.” Sustainability, low water usage, being energy efficient and using natural sunlight is also at the heart of their brand… which we love.
What’s to love
- They’re a vegan brand.
- Love that their lab results are clearly visible on their website.
- If you’re worried about THC, which is the psychoactive part of the plant, these products claim to be THC free.
- The cannabis is farmed organically.
- They have a nice range of products: from facial drops, to tinctures of various flavours, lip balms, massage oils, night creams, hand creams and gummies… phew!
- They’re derived from hemp plants – which are naturally low in THC.
One thing we wish they could do (but this is more of a comment on CBD generally) is if they could give the customer a rough guide to how much to take for general wellbeing, sleep or for a particular ailment. Of course, you would then work out how much works for you but having a starting point to go from would be very helpful.
Zoetic are a new brand, one that has only just launched but they’re certainly doing it right: using their website as a platform to share information, they are transparent with their information about CBD and have a beautiful range of products.
Denise, is new to CBD and is currently trialling Zoetic In the Blood orange flavour she says “it’s early days yet and I’m still discovering what sort of dose works for me, I’m trying it for help with my poor sleep issues …so we’ll see…the good thing is that it tastes ok.”
Have you tried any CBD products before? We’d love to know what has been working for you!
Visit Zoetic’s website to find out more
May contain affiliate links
Very interesting read, I might purchase some lip balm as that states Vegan friendly