We all want bright eyes don’t we ? You know, where the whites of our eyes are actually white and not some sad creamy, pinky bloodshot colour that we try to hide behind glasses. Historically bright eyes are seen as a sign of health and beauty…so here are some tips
1) health, yes health! Our eyes say a lot about our health, for example: if we are dehydrated our eyes may be slightly bloodshot and because dehydration can make us feel tired, our eyes may be droopy! So drink up ( water)
2) too much alcohol can make our eyes puffy and bloodshot….so if you do overindulge ….drink some water…lots of it!
3) sleep! Almost all of us are so busy working & playing hard that we don’t get enough sleep and of course it shows in our eyes!
Okay now here are some makeup tips to help…
1) use a good concealer…darkness around and under the eyes create a look of fatigue.
2)make sure that your eyebrows frame your face
3) curling your lashes is a simple trick that lifts the lashes, making your eyes look bigger and brighter.
4) try using a khol pencil in white, cream or a light colour to camouflage the water line of your eyes which is often pink or red.
5) accentuate your eyes by using eyeshadows that make your eye colour really pop! For example terracottas & bronzes really make blue eyes brighter while gold can make green and brown eyes pop!