Do you use a scalp scrub? I want to talk to you today about Sunday Riley Clean Rinse Clarifying Scalp Serum. It’s becoming common knowledge more and more that we need to make sure we’re taking proper care of our scalp. Build up due to oils, products and more can not only make your head feel itchy, but it clog up the pores, prevent healthy hair growth, make your hair generally not look it’s best and more.
Although a good shampoo will help to cleanse the scalp, adding something specifically for the scalp is also something that is becoming increasingly popular and you can get anything from physical exfoliants to chemical ones to really give your scalp some love. Recently, I’ve been loving the Clean Rinse Chemical exfoliant from Sunday Riley… so let me tell you all about it.
My experience with the Sunday Riley Clean Rinse Scalp Serum
As someone who uses a lot of products in her hair, I found this a great product to help with build up on the scalp. It’s easy to apply and has an almost tingling sensation when applied: I like that you can apply this briefly before washing to prepare the scalp. It feels great on the hair, and some might find they don’t need to shampoo afterwards, just wash it off and continue with your routine (but I prefer to shampoo). This does a great job at clarifying the scalp and lifting any excess oils, dead skin cells and product build up, leaving the scalp feeling fresh.
What’s to love
- It’s easy to use: it even comes with a nozzle for easy application to the head.
- Some people may find it cleansing enough to actually replace their shampoo.
- It’s not harsh and will gently exfoliate the scalp without being damaging or drying out the hair.
- It’s a very pretty product… gold glitter in a bottle! With a delicate, light scent.
- Head is left feeling cleansed and hair is soft.
What’s in it
- GLYCOLIC ACID: An alpha hydroxy acid that exfoliates the surface of the scalp, while clarifying product residue from the hair.
- SALICYLIC ACID: A beta hydroxy acid that dissolves oily buildup on the scalp.
- NIACINAMIDE: Helps promote healthy hair growth.
- ROSE CLAY: A gentle, astringent clay that pulls impurities from the scalp.
- ZINC PCA: Zinc salt that helps balance both oily and dry scalps, for fresh-looking hair.
- WITCH HAZEL: Clarifying, natural astringent to rinse out product residue and leave scalp clean-feeling.
- VITAMIN F: Essential fatty acids to soothe and rehydrate the scalp.
- VITAMIN B COMPLEX: A multi-functional vitamin complex for healthy-looking hair and scalp.
- JASMINE ESSENTIAL OIL: Soothing, harmonizing essential oil.
Have you used a scalp scrub and do you prefer the physical or chemical type?
Buy the serum from Cult Beauty