I’m loving that more and more skincare brands are coming out with facial cleansing oils allowing more of us to experience the powerful cleansing capabilities of oil-based cleansers.
This offering from science-based natural beauty brand Codex is unique in that it is a wash off ‘oil to milk’ cleansing oil and it’s suitable for all skin types.
As a brand Codex are known for using science to maximise the natural potency of nature and many of their offerings are plant-based.
This oil is a rich golden colour and has an earthy fragrance …in fact, it has a sort of nutty, fruity fragrance which is actually rather comforting.
What’s in it
This gentle but effective cleanser utilises some key ingredients like ….
- Borage oil – Great for inflamed skin conditions like eczema, dermatitis et cetera, it’s also an antioxidant
- Chia seed oil – is jam-packed with omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants, also known for protecting the skin from premature ageing.
- Blackcurrant seed oil – good for inflammatory skin conditions
- Avena Sativa – calming and soothing
- Rosemary leaf extract – as well as being anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory rosemary extract is also known for its ability to tone the skin.
- Clary sage – good for balancing all skin types by helping to stabilise the production of natural oil and sebum. It is also good at calming the skin especially those prone to inflammation.
- Chamomile – anti-inflammatory, calming and soothing.
What’s to love
This offers a really satisfying cleansing experience, leaving your skin feeling clean but not stripped in any way. Used with a muslin cloth you get some light exfoliation too. Skin is left feeling moisturised, soft and supple, with a satin finish. It’s tempting to leave it alone after cleansing because it looks and feels good.
Removes dirt and makeup effectively with a single-use, but can also be used to double cleanse depending on what you need.
This has a lovely light and silky texture and unlike many other cleansing oils …it feels almost as if it’s just ‘on’ the skin, kind of moving around on the surface, which for some may take getting used to.
How to use
Apply a small amount of cleanser to skin with clean fingertips then gently massage entire face and neck area with small circular movements to loosen impurities and makeup, then rinse off with water. For daily use on all skin types, including oily skin.
Buy the cleansing oil from Codex