As a skin care addict and a skin serum lover, I have to be honest here and tell you that I was seriously excited to hear that skincare expert and entrepreneur Antonia Burrell had introduced a second facial serum to her already awesome product range! I love a good serum especially when it possesses the qualities of a moisturiser as well (who doesn’t like an effective multitasker?) because you can use it based on your skins needs, either as an all in one product or just as a serum with a separate moisturiser on top.
I think that we all deserve to experience an effective serum that is based on extensive research into plant biotechnology without the inclusion of nasties like parabens, petrochemicals and artificial fragrances., especially one that has taken its creator 5 years to create: this power serum is a labour of love
In terms of Ingredients this includes an array of ingredients designed to cover all of your skincare requirements like:
- Amaranth Oil – is known for being an omega powerhouse effective as an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant.
- Lilac leaf stem cells- are meant to help the skin to repair itself
- Pomegranate and Neroli are included as they are meant to help increase the skins production of collagen.
- White Bird of Paradise flower extract is for boosting skin radiance and evening out the skintone.
- Pumpkin smooths and brightens
- All of this is fused with Oleosome technology which is meant to help the ingredients penetrate deeper into the skin.
- Now as a bit of a fragrance addict I have to admit to sometimes being seduced by the scent of products …now don’t misunderstand me …I don’t mean that I’ll purchase skincare based on its scent, just that I like it when Skincare smells gorgeous. Well, this serum smells earthy, kind of ‘planty’ ( there, I’ve create a new word! Planty) which I suppose is fitting as the brand is based on harnessing the power of plants.
Am I loving this serum? Yes
Why? Well after trialling this for 18 days I’m not wanting to put it down. From the first couple of days use I’ve loved the effect on my skin. Moist and nourished, the effects of which last all day. This is easily absorbed and leaves a silky smooth finish. After almost 3 weeks my combination skin is calm, radiant and nourished. I’ve not felt the need to add anything else to the mix. Of course as individuals we have differing Skincare requirements and there is no ‘one size fits all’ but I have to say that this is ticking the boxes for me. The Brand Say that this product is “Perfect for ALL skin types, ALL skin tones and ALL skin conditions.”
This comes in a sleek, black, pump action canister which is great because it prevents you from using more than the 2 or 3 pumps that you need and protects the serum from oxidation.
This is a an effective serum that is worthy of being included in your positive ageing toolkit, whatever your skin type.
Buy the Antonia Burrell Biotech Supreme Pressed Serum from Antonia Burrell for £85