As I trawl through offers of the latest in beauty, I’m most eager to know more about skin drinks – ‘inside out’ supplements in a glass. Forever and a day I believe beauty starts from within, not only by way of diet but mentally too. Stress, trauma and depression leave a trail of misery lines, spots and dullness over time, even if you’re on a healthy enough path. Mind, body and spirit working together is the ultimate goal. However, this is not so easy to achieve when life throws enlightening curveballs. When my father passed away last year, I could physically feel and see the effects the last months (though probably in reality, last years) of juggling life stuff including hormonal changes, yet lucky for me a voice kept on repeat in my head just as the first flutter of anxiety rose up, “Emotions and health become one of the same things. Take care of yourself!”
And I did, well, at least I tried. Grief really does funny things to you and with all the intensity of emotions and my mental reminders of looking after myself I was happy to introduce a daily dose of self-care in the form of health-boosting, Totally Derma, Nutraceutical Skin Drink. This focused on repair, rejuvenation and replenishment, containing high amounts of collagen amino acid peptides and hyaluronic acid, which not only works on skin firmness, elasticity and hydration levels, hair, nails and joints too. The clinical findings are impressive and worth studying at www.totallyderma.com
Here are 5 reasons to take up Totally Derma:
- Let’s face it, the rushing around never stops! But it takes no longer than a minute to mix a scoopful into a glass a water and consume each morning.
- Trauma lines, the deep-set creases down the side of my mouth had appeared overnight showing my utter grief and sadness, though after a few months these had plumped up again. Of course, it helped to counsel my emotional state, which I did.
- The taste was delightfully sweet with an unexpected hint of caramel. What’s not to like!
- My recent hormonal imbalances had my skin looking more dehydrated, lifeless and dull around my cheeks. So I was ecstatic to see an improvement in my skins tone.
- Introducing Totally Derma to my routine certainly complemented my effort to improve peri-menopausal joint pain. Prior to taking the skin drink, most mornings would be a very slow process and at times unsteady as I was unsure whether I could work through the discomfort in my knees and raging veins in my legs. I’m glad I persevered with a 3 month supply because the second month proved the most outstanding.
- Arthred® Collagen Formula Arthred® – a hydrolysed collagen which is enzymatically processed. Collagen is the building blocks of the connective tissues in the body including the joints and cartilages – so helping to support the production of Collagen will result in improved joint health and promotes skin elasticity.
- Synovoderma HA SynovoDerma HA (Hyaluronic Acid) – this is prepared using a proprietary enzymatic process to reduce the molecular weight. Hyaluronic Acid not only provides lubrication for the joints, it’s also a mega moisturiser and will help plump the skin.m
- CO-FACTORS – Synergistic cofactors are also added to enhance and promote stages of collagen synthesis, repair, maintenance and prevention.
- Vitamin C is an essential component in the body’s production of collagen. Vitamin C is scientifically shown to help maintain firm and youthful skin by combating collagen degradation and oxidative stress (it helps to repair aging and photo-damaged skin)
- Grape Seed Extract is a very powerful antioxidant. It bonds to collagen and negates free radicals, boosts collagen development and helps in the renewal of skin cells. Grape Seed extract helps skin stay firm, supple and moisturized. Procyanidins found in Grape Seed Extract are also shown to protect and repair the skin from sun damage.
- Green Tea Extract is naturally rich in antioxidants and is associated with multiple skin benefits. It protects skin from the damaging effects of free radicals and also stimulates the skins microcirculation. It is a good anti-inflammatory for skin and most importantly inhibits collagenase (a natural enzyme that breaks down collagen).
- Alpha Lipoic Acid is one of the most powerful antioxidants. It can slow down the aging process of the body in general, reversing skin cell damage and is shown to improve fine lines and wrinkles. Alpha Lipoic Acid regenerates Vit C, Vit E and inhibits cross-linking which contributes to the formation of wrinkles.
- Zinc is an essential mineral for maintaining healthy, youthful skin. It is well known for its properties in repairing UV damage in the skin and slowing down collagen degradation. The mineral is crucial for superoxide dismutase syntheses (protects against oxidative stress). It also boosts Collagen synthesis, therefore helping to delay the formation of wrinkles.
- Manganese is also another essential mineral needed to build collagen and repair oxidative stress within the skin and body. Manganese strengthens immature collagen and influences its fibril size.
- Copper is a metallic element that is a vital component in skin health. Copper deficiency is responsible for premature ageing and loose skin, it helps to repair and main connective tissue. Most enzymes that are responsible for collagen synthesis absolutely depend on copper as a co-factor to stimulate Collagen production.
What’s in it?
It combines high levels of bio-absorbable collagen, hyaluronic acid and other scientifically proven ingredients to promote collagen synthesis and maintain skin health. These ingredients are:
Review by Nadira V Persaud – Make Up & Hair