Don’t you just love it when two products work together in perfect harmony? Here at Wow Beauty, we call them “Dynamic Duo’s” and my latest love comes from the awesome Buttah Skin, a brand founded in the states by Dorian Renaud to address the needs of Melanin rich skin.
The Buttah Rosewater Toner
I only really got serious about using a toner about 2 or 3 years ago and I’m always on the lookout for what I consider to be a good toner for my combination skin. I’ve tried lots of different ones and I’m often disappointed. Some are ineffective while others are too strong, so there are only a couple that I repeat purchase, and this one by Buttah is now one of them. The combination of toner and exfoliator works well for me… gentle but effective.
What’s in it?
The ingredients include:
- Rosewater and Aloe for soothing as well as providing a lovely light fragrance.
- Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Salicylic Acids: These are known for their ability to clear the pores, promote cellular turnover, and balance excess oils.
Love that this comes with a set of cotton wool pads… very considerate.
This is easy to use, there’s no stinging or discomfort thanks to the skin-soothing ingredients, but I still get the feeling that I’m removing any last remnants of dead skin and grime from my face.
Buy the toner from Cult Beauty
The Vitamin C Serum
I’ve been a fan of vitamin c serums for at least the last 5 or 6 years, mainly because I love the glow enhancing benefits that they offer. Of course not all vitamin c serums are the same, so you have to figure out which formulations work best for you.
Some Vitamin C facts:
- Can help with pigmentation
- May help to even your skin tone out
- Is also known for boosting collagen production
- It may help your skin to maintain moisture
If you want to know more about the benefits of Vitamin C check out our post here.
This silky serum scores extra wow points because it comes in an opaque bottle that protects the serum from the effects of light and it comes with a press and twist lid.
What’s in it…
- L-Ascorbic Acid: which is the purest form of Vitamin C
- Ferulic Acid: which is a plant-based antioxidant that just so happens to boost the effectiveness of vitamin c and stimulates cellular turnover
- Grapeseed Extract: Rich in vitamins E, C and D – nourishes and provides antioxidant protection.
- Green Tea: which is a great antioxidant, soothes and protects the skin, reduces sebum and minimizes signs of ageing.
- Chamomile Extract: is very Soothing, it’s particularly known for its anti-inflammatory properties from the chamazulene present
- Fireweed Extract: which is a fabulous Antioxidant, soothing.
As with all Vitamin C products, do a patch test to make sure you don’t have a reaction. Some people with sensitive skins may not be suited to the l-ascorbic acid derivative of Vitamin C.
Leave A Comment