Let me start by stating the obvious… that you have heard about Hyaluronic Acid and that in fact, you are actually sick of hearing about the wonderful things that it can do. Okay I hear you and I understand. Of course with all of this knowledge, you know that Hyaluronic acid has a reputation for being the ultimate hydrator because of its ability to hold up to 1000 x its weight in moisture, which means that you get plumped, hydrated and radiant skin.
This is not the only Hyaluronic Acid that Deciem do, they actually have a more basic version by the Ordinary, which has 3 forms of Hyaluronic Acid. We’ve featured this in our Cold Weather Skincare Essentials feature.
Some facts about Hyaluronic Acid
- It’s naturally occurring in the human body but declines with age.
- It can be used topically, as well as taken internally in supplement form for conditions like arthritic conditions. Since hyaluronic acid lubricates the eye tissues, people suffering from dry eyes may benefit from this and the oral supplements can help with eyesight.
- It’s used in injectables as a plumper for lips and fine lines.
So what’s special about this one..?
- First of all, this contains not just 2 or 3 forms of Hyaluronic acid but 15 forms of Hyaluronic compounds as well. The brand says “hyaluronic precursors and a hyaluronic support technology in a peptide-charged delivery system. It offers water-based hydration and helps skin surface look plump, elastic, comfortable and uniform.” This means that if you suffer with dry skin or skin that doesn’t retain moisture well, your skin has a better chance of regaining a more hydrated appearance and greater elasticity with this blend.
- The next thing is that this delivers moisture in spades… you will notice a difference in the condition of your skin.
What’s to love …?
- Super intense hydration
- Easily absorbed
- Silky feel
- Great for all skin types including oily.
- As with all things Deciem, there are no nasties…it’s vegan, silicone free, oil free, alcohol free and fragrance free which makes it suitable for most sensitive skins.
You may not love
- It if you have oily skin…(this is good if you have oily skin that is prone to dehydration) in which case you might like to use it as a booster treatment or under a sheet mask.
- The scent of this: it does dissipate after a few minutes and if you use it as your base product, then you’ll be layering other products over the top anyway.
I really like this! I have combination skin and I don’t tend to use this every day, so when I do need to use it (usually if my skin is a bit dehydrated) I really notice the increased hydration levels. This is a great addition to your skincare toolkit.
Here’s the Niod serum for £25 from Niod