Recently I’ve found myself just wanting to give my skin a comforting hug…now that may sound weird …I mean how do you hug your skin, right? Well, you know the Danish concept of Hygge which loosely means comfort, warmth and cosines? Well, there are days when I feel that my skin wants that and that’s when I stray from my usual serums and treatment products and opt for products that feel soothing, comforting and gently effective, thanks to their use of nourishing ingredients from nature.
A Hug for the Face
From the very first time that I tried this Norwegian dynamic duo, I was addicted to the simple effectiveness of these products rooted in nature… honestly using this is like ‘forest bathing’ for the face. Love the colour, the fragrance and the texture and of course the way it leaves my skin: soft and glowing.
This unique blend utilises the power of ingredients like:
- Norwegian Sea Kelp – helps reduce redness and banish toxins, leaving you with clearer skin
- Swedish Oat – soothes the skin
- Arctic Blackcurrant – helps stimulate collagen production and fight wrinkle creating free radicals, high in vitamin c
Buy the serum from Rua
This is another one of my must have facial oils. Love that this brand as self-care as a focus. This can be used day or night and everything about it from the fragrance to the texture whispers ‘love your skin’. Made with a powerful blend of oils like:
- Organic jojoba oil – A soothing, non-greasy, nourishing oil for all skin types, this natural oil most resembles our own skin oils.
- Rosehip oil – loaded with skin nourishing vitamins and essential fatty acids to hydrate, brighten and soften.
- Squalane oil – Boosts hydration and helps skin appear more vibrant and healthy, along with having anti-inflammatory properties.
Needs Must is available from EDE
This moisturiser is a lovely all in one blend of powerful skin-loving ingredients that enhance moisture and glow. With a texture like whipped butter this luxurious blend nurtures and protects your skins delicate barrier against environmental aggressors, perfect for day or night. Made with organic WildCrafted ingredients including:
- Hemp – An organic botanical oil nurtures the Beauty of skin’s delicate barrier.
- Bacillus – A fermented ocean extract moisturizes and hydrates skin to enhance radiance.
- Glutathione – The ‘Master Antioxidant’ brightens skin’s appearance.
We’ve talked more about this moisturiser in our review.
Puff of Love is available from Naturisimo
Designed for use on the face and neck… although you can use it all over. This lush orange coloured balm with the fragrance of Sea Buckthorn fruit oil has a soft, easy to spread texture and is easily absorbed, leaving the skin feeling soft and nourished. This organic blend is designed with sensitive skins in mind but works for all skin types. Ingredients include:
- Sea Buckthorn oil – is a super concentrate of Beta Carotene (precursor of Vitamins A), Vitamin E, unsaturated very rare Omega 7 fatty acids, which help to regenerate skin cells and promote skin healing.
- Rosehip oil – a natural concentrate of Beta Carotene and Vitamins E, and source of essential fatty acids omega 3, 6 and 9 to repair and regenerate damaged skin tissue.
- Extra Virgin Olive oil – contains vitamin E and squalene, helping to soften, protect and restore smooth.
Grab yourself a balm from The DOR Beauty Edit
This delicately scented balm is perfect for sensitive and dehydrated skin in need of a loving hug. 100% Natural. 93% organic, Cruelty Free. Designed to be deeply hydrating and skin plumping you only need a little bit of this balm to do the trick thanks to ingredients like:
- Organic Marshmallow Root oil – helps maintain skin’s hyaluronic acid levels.
- Spilanthes Acmella Flower Extract – helps firm and smooth the skin.
- Frangipani – combined with Chamomile and Geranium delivers a seductive, all natural scent.
Discover this fab balm from The Rose Tree
This is a soothing balm to be used on face or any area of the body that is irritated. It’s high potency blend includes bio active botanical ingredients which are grown and harvested on organic farms like soothing calendula and lavender, antioxidant rich carrot & rose. This is gentle enough to use on babies.
- Calendula – antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties to soothe
- Rose Seed Oil – skin nourishing vitamins and essential fatty acids to hydrate, brighten and soften.
- Plantain – helps to combat acne and it promotes skin regeneration
Grab the soothing balm from InLight
A Hug for the Body
Gorgeously scented deeply moisturising body butter, that treats your skin, is easily absorbed without leaving any greasy residue. Includes lovely ingredients like…
- Wild Pansy – Skin-soothing and moisturising. Antioxidant properties from wild pansy’s flavonoid and carotenoid content.
- Calendula – Antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties to soothe
- Chamomile – Used in medicinal teas for thousands of years, this flowering herb calms and soothes.
Buy the butter from Weleda
If you want a body oil that delivers more than just moisture, then you’ll love this multitasking nourishing blend from Amly which is jampacked with skin nourishing ingredients that nourish not just your skin but your hair too.
- Hawthorn – known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Elderflower conditions and balances the skin and helps to minimise fine lines.
- Red Clover can help to slow down the signs of ageing thanks to its ability to mimic estrogen.
Discover the body oil from Amly
‘Sacred’ spring revival hydrating body balm – a little goes a long way with this body balm which is deeply hydrating for dry, hungry skin. This beautifully golden balm contains skin loving ingredients like Rosehip Oil, Olive Squalane, cocoa seed butter and babassu seed oil.
A little goes a long way with this body balm.
- Shea Butter – High concentrations of fatty acids and vitamins, ideal for softening skin.
- Rosehip Oil – loaded with skin nourishing vitamins and essential fatty acids to hydrate, brighten and soften the skin.
- Olive Squalane – Boosts hydration and helps skin appear more vibrant and healthy, along with having anti-inflammatory properties.
Fall in love with this hydrating body balm
This lush oil has a texture like runny honey, is a blend of several plant-based actives that work to nourish & protect the skin & utilises chamomile and rosemary oils for their therapeutic qualities. A real indulgence for the skin.
- Chamomile – Used in medicinal teas for thousands of years, this flowering herb has properties that are known to calm and soothe.
- Sweet Almond Oil – highly emollient, which means it helps to balance the absorption of moisture and water loss
- Rosemary – as well as being anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory rosemary extract also tones the skin.
Find Kear’s Body Oil from Kear
Kiss The Moon Glow Night Body Cream
Ideal for a night-time skin treat this body butter is perfect for a bit of Selfcare. With nourishing Shea and mango butter guaranteed to soften the skin. Its therapeutic benefits come from the glow blend of Rose geranium, myrrh, orange and more.
Shea Butter & Mango Butter – deeply moisturising
Orange Blossom Water – rehydrating
Discover the body cream from DOR Beauty Edit
May contain affiliate links