I love progress. Imagine, just a few years ago looking for an effective skin serum that delivered results and was organic and looked in your dressing table was a bit of a difficult task, but now we’re beginning to be spoilt for choice by amazing brands who are consistently innovating in the organic clean beauty arena, bringing us products that work based on some of the naturally potent ingredients found in nature. I have to say that I’m increasingly excited by the products that I’m discovering that harness the power of age-old plants and flowers – the kind of our ancestors used to use to make their lotions and potions for internal as well as external use.
This serum by skin energy this serum by SKN-RG is a botanical complex jam-packed with vital nutrients and minerals, omegas and antioxidants that include: Arnica, Argan oil, Rosehip oil, Borage oil, Sea Buckthorn, Hemp Seed Oil, Comfrey to name a few.
The ingredients are blended to work synergistically to nourish and rejuvenate the skin.
- Arnica: known for its ability to heal, it has been used to soothe muscle aches, reduce inflammation, and heal wounds.
- Argan Oil: has a high vitamin E and fatty acid content, great for softening and hydrating the skin.
- Comfrey: known for energising the cells and boosting collagen production, along with being used to treat inflammatory conditions.
- Borage Oil: rich in gamma-linoleic acid, a type of essential fatty acid which may help reduce inflammation.
- Rosehip Seed Oil: Contains Vitamin A which is useful in evening out skin tone and promoting cell regeneration for a more radiant, brighter look.
- Sea Buckthorn: Nourishes the skin and can also help heal burns, cuts, sores, wounds, sunburns rashes and other types of skin damage.
- Safflower Seed Oil: rich in fatty acids and vitamin e to soothe dry skin.
- Hemp Seed Oil Find out more about Hemp Seed Oil in our Ingredients Index post here. It is a brilliant moisturiser for the hair, skin and nails. Hemp seeds are extremely high in protein and omega fatty acids, so using the oil will work wonders on dry skin and hair.
What’s to Love
This luxurious serum is in an oil base and it is easy to apply: its easily absorbed into the skin leaving it looking radiant and healthy. A little goes a long way.
This is designed to be used at night when the skin is best able to optimise all of the ingredients as it regenerates itself (although I have to admit that I have been using it in the daytime as well sometimes because I like the way it makes my skin look).
It is Certified Organic by the Soil Association (Organically produced 100% of product).