I am a serum junkie. There I’ve said it. I’ve tried numerous serums, some great some not so great and yet somehow I’m always excited about trying something new. So when I was offered the opportunity to try this Nyasa Illuminating Serum I didn’t hesitate.
This lush serum is designed to be worn under your moisturiser and can be used a and night to be honest after applying it in the morning I almost feel as though I don’t want to put anything off the top of it because it leaves such a lovely finish. Literally, as soon as you apply this fine silky serum and blend it into your skin your skin is left with a gorgeous glow pretty much immediately.
This serum contains AHA fruit acids which are designed to exfoliate the skin gently – seriously who doesn’t want to get rid of pesky dead skin cells without having to work at it? So apart from encouraging cellular turnover it also works to rehydrate and regenerate the skin thanks one of its key ingredients resurrection plant.
Other key ingredients and their benefits:
- Resurrection Plant – A natural wonder, it helps rehydrate, strengthen, tone and regenerate the skin whilst enabling it to withstand everyday stresses and strains.
- AHA Fruit Acids –A mix of fresh fruit extracts (Lemon, Bilberry, Apple, Grape) these stimulate cellular turnover, improving the skin’s smoothness, luminosity and tone.
- Liquorice Extract – The use of liquorice to soothe skin dates back thousands of years. It helps to even out skin tone, giving radiance to the skin.
- Punarvana – An Indian plant recognised for its anti-inflammatory properties, it soothes and protects the skin from environmental and biological stress.
- MSM – A key component of collagen, helping to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, even skin tone, and strengthen skin’s firmness and elasticity.
- Essential Oils – Ylang Ylang, Neroli, Mandarin Red, Bergamot
- The products also contain powerful bile actives including such stem cell extract peptides antioxidants and high potency vitamin C minerals which allows these products to penetrate the skin.
One of the things that I really love about this brand is that its female founders are very much focused on taking a holistic view of beauty – they believe that everything is connected: skin care, energy, nutrition and health, in fact, they are perfectly aligned with the wow beauty philosophy. They were inspired to create this brand based on their own personal experiences of being contemporary women in a busy world and all of the challenges but that brings.
If you are looking for a serum that delivers what it promises, then this is worth a try! A quick note – we will continue to test this out so we may update this post with more thoughts in the future!
Nyasa London’s Illuminating Super Serum is £80 from Nyasa London
Leave A Comment