When lip oils first appeared a couple of years ago I have to admit that at first I was dubious: because as a lover of lip moisturisers in the form of balms, selves and sticks I didn’t think that I’d ever prefer using a lip oil….but I was wrong. It turns out that sometimes I want something lighter but still emollient on my lips, but of course as with many products, some lip oils become favourites while others get shoved to the bottom of a box somewhere. When I heard about these new lip oils from Kiehl’s I was keen to try them out, especially as they contain fab ingredients like coconut oil and moringa oil both known for being rich in fatty acids.
I love the fact that these come in neat, slim, sleek packaging and that once on your lips you don’t need to keep reapplying…unless of course you keep eating it!
Inspired by the 1960’s Summer of Love, these lightweight lip oils boost moisture for softer, smoother lips.
What’s to Love
- These don’t feel oily or sticky at all, just feel really nice on the lips.
- Love that they have both tinted versions if you want a wash of colour (we have a lovely red one here) or an untinted one too.
- It has a soft, sweet scent to it.
- Coconut Oil – Coconut Oil is derived from the Coconut Tree, known as the “tree of life.” Used in Ayurvedic medicine for over 4,000 years, Coconut Oil is rich in fatty acids.
- Moringa Oil – Derived from “The Tree of Life,” this botanical oil is rich in fatty acids and nutrients.
- Acerola Cherry – Acerola Cherry is a tropical fruit known to be rich in Vitamin C.