Waterless Beauty has become something of an interest to me since last year and Vemel skincare caught my eye with their pretty packaging, great ethics and lovely ingredients.
You can find out more about Waterless Beauty in our feature here, but here’s a few of the benefits below:
- Products are more stable without water
- The formulas are often more concentrated without water as a filler
- It’s better for the environment
Vemel Advanced Protective Serum
This is an oil based serum packed with nourishing ingredients.
Waterless, plastic free, organic and natural. Smells delicious, more of an oil serum. Love that their brand is age and gender neutral. It contains no added fragrance which could cause irritation. Nevertheless, it does feel more like a very nice facial oil rather than a serum.
What’s also nice about this brand is that in their aim to be plastic free, they don’t provide a pipette with their serum automatically (encouraging you to reuse other packaging). But if it is your first order, you can tick the ‘Pipette for life’ box to receive one.
You can apply it daily to damp skin, followed by a moisturiser.
- Micro and Macro Algae Complex: great source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Organic Plum Kernel Oil: it’s eight times more powerful than argan oil and six times more powerful than marula oil when it comes to protecting skin and hair from free radicals
- Organic Blueberry & Cherry Seed Oils: rich in Linoleic acid, vitamin a and more.
- Organic Amaranth CO2 Extract: well known for it’s anti-inflammatory effects
Buy the serum for £44 from Vemel
Vemel Intense Age Repair Eye and Lip Cream
It’s is an eye and lip cream… a lip cream you say? Yes!
This lovely cream has more of a rich buttery texture which goes onto the skin beautifully. It has a thicker texture than lots of typical eye creams, but this could be particularly due to its Waterless Formulation. As we discussed in our feature about Waterless Beauty, products that are waterless tend to be more concentrated formulas without the filler of water.
Nevertheless, it melts beautifully into the skin without leaving behind a reside under the eyes. It’s also very comforting on the lips, providing a protective layer over the lips to lock in moisture.
You could also use this on small areas of dry skin… say if the skin around your nose gets dry or on your hands. I can attest that it works beautifully for really dry skin patches… beautiful.
- Organic Aloe Vera Oil: has antioxidant and antibacterial properties as well as accelerating wound healing.
- Organic Murumuru Butter: Highly anti-oxidative, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-allergenic and helps skin retain moisture.
- Organic Kiwi Seed Oil: rich in vitamin c and can also aid in the relief of itchy, dry skin.
- Organic Argan Wax: rich in vitamins A and E for hydrating and healing the skin.
Check out the eye and lip cream for £45 from Vemel
The brand is Vegan Certified, Cruelty Free and Made in Britain.