I recently discovered, that the legendary bath oil brand Olverum have a face oil and to be honest I was surprised. Why? Well, because they are so well known for their amazing bath products especially the bath oil which is a legend in its own right.
Of course the packaging is pure Olverum- chic and simple in a easily transportable 15ml frosted glass bottle with black dropper lid.
I was keen to try this pure radiance face oil to see if Olverum could deliver for the face as well as they do for the body ….let’s see…
First of all let’s talk about the fragrance, interestingly this fragrance is very much like a lighter, softer version of the original bath oil which made me wonder which essential oils this skin treat is composed of. In fact the fragrance comes from the essential oils of clary sage, Egyptian geranium, lavender and Cardamon, all combining to not only calm the mind but to calm the skin as well. If you were one of those who was lucky enough to be able to tolerate essential oils in the skincare then you’re in for a treat….. just warm a few drops in your hands, bring your hands up to your face and inhale before applying to your skin …pure bliss.
This is an easy oil to use, I say easy because it is light and refined in texture and is easily absorbed by the skin, but don’t let that deceive you…the lightness speaks to the high quality of the ingredients used, making the application an easy process unlike some oils that just sit on the surface. Your skin will drink this oil in, leaving you with skin that feels nourished and with a healthy glow.
I’ve tried the oil on its own and over serums and under creams and it plays well with others …no annoying pilling.
What’s to love:
- The sensory experience of fragrance and texture creates a mindful moment
- Easily absorbed
- The glow
- Skin plumping
- A little goes a long way
What’s in it:
- Cacay seed oil – high in retinol, vitamin e and more!
- Rosehip seed oil – rich in linoleic acid, linolenic acid and pro-vitamin A
- Bakuchiol – A gentle yet potent alternative to retinol
- Elderberry fruit extract – great for fighting inflammation
Plus the following therapeutic oils…
- Clary sage – helps to release stress and anxiety & is anti-inflammatory
- Patchouli – grounding and balancing plus good for fine lines etc…
- Cardamom – calming and soothing aroma and calming for the skin.
- Lavender – eases tension and soothes skin
Buy the oil from Space NK