Aaahhh Orveda! I have already been seduced once by this brand and now this is the second product from range that I have tried and have become instantly obsessed with. I knew it from the very moment I pumped my first pump of this lush cleansing oil that this was going to be a keeper.
My first experience with Orveda was with their sublime cleansing powder which if you read my review you know that I love and now if you haven’t already guessed it this cleansing oil has become a new love that provides yet another opportunity for a mindful cleansing experience. With these cleaners, it is about more than just the efficacy: yes they are supremely high-quality cleansers that provide your skin with healing and nourishing ingredients leaving it not only deeply cleansed but balanced, nourished and radiant.
Yes these cleansers work really well, but it’s also about the cleansing experience… the feel, the texture, the fragrance that envelops you and your immediate surroundings and that lingers long after – I love that! To be honest, I wish that Orveda would bring out a body care range… all I need is a body cleansing oil wash and dry body oil for moisturising.
What’s to love?
Anyway back to this oil – this oil starts out as more of a gel… a thick rich lush gel that thins out into an oil as you massage it into your face. This is an enjoyable experience and in my opinion, not one to be hurried – this is your perfect time to practice mindful cleansing… enjoy the sensual experience… the feel of oil on the skin, the fragrance etc…
This oil leaves the skin clean, really clean but not stripped or uncomfortable.
How to use
It comes with its own charcoal treated kabuki brush that you can use to massage it into your skin, then emulsify with warm water. This is how Orveda recommend you use the product as the brush gives it an extra deep cleanse, exfoliating in the process. However, as a muslin cloth lover, I prefer to use a cloth to remove the cleanser and do the basic exfoliation that my combination skin loves.
The Brand says:
“Our exclusive, professional grade Kabuki brush, with micro-massaging, charcoal-treated, cruelty-free bristles, provides a double-cleansing and exfoliating action, as well as a pore, make-up removing effect.
Important! Rinse with warm (not cold) water after usage to effectively remove the oil from skin. Ideally, wet a muslin cloth with warm water and apply as a compress. After 1-2 minutes, use it to gently wipe and remove any excess oil.
Then simply pat dry and say hello to glowing clean skin, that makes you feel that you don’t want to put anything else on.
Whats in it?
This oil is designed to heal the skin and contains a blend of active and botanical oils known for their healing, nourishing and rejuvenating qualities.
- Bio-fermented kombucha black tea –for comprehensive rejuvenation on skin tone and glow
- A natural prebiotic –(Alpha-glucan Oligosaccharide)
- Marine enzyme –(Thermus Thermophillus Ferment) to help the healing of the skin’s natural moisture barrier
- 65% Coconut Oil -to cleanse without drying skin
- Botanical Glycerin- known for its moisturizing and nourishing properties
- Olive Oil Phytosqualane- known for its nourishing and moisturizing power
- Moringa Seed Peptide – this protects skin cells from pollutants and purifies the skin.
- The gorgeous fragrance is Galbanum: Orveda’s “green” signature scent created by a master Parisian perfumer.
What’s not in it?
- Animal extracts
- Artificial colorants
- Essential oils
- Irritants such as fruit acids
- Mineral oils (except traces)
- Soap (contains only botanical cleansing agents)
Have you tried any Orveda products yet? Love to know what you think.