It was not too long ago, that experts would advise you against mixing Vitamin C and Retinol… they tend to cancel each other out and generally don’t play together well as they can cause irritation.
However, I have recently discovered products that include ingredients that don’t traditionally work together (an older example that comes to mind is Alpha H’s Night Cream which has Glycolic and Retinol, here’s our review) but when formulated cleverly, brands are really making some magic.
This Super C Retinol serum from StriVection is a fabulous example of this and a recent favourite of mine. As mentioned, it contains both Vitamin C and Vitamin A (retinol) to combine their magical effects into one formula.
- Supercharged by NIA-114™, their patented form of Niacin.
- Vitamin C: two potent forms firm, restore clarity and brighten the skin – Ascorbyl Glucoside & Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate
- Acerola Cherry: a superfruit, highly concentrated in Vitamin C
- Retinol: alters the behaviour of aged cells so they act in a more youthful manner. It smooths and refines skin’s texture, enhances skin radiance and treats wrinkles.
What’s to Love…
- This is a powerhouse of a product: retinol and vitamin c are both known for their amazing skin-loving properties, so combining them into one product is genius.
- You gain the antioxidant rich brightening glow from the vitamin c and the skin resurfacing and regulating properties of retinol in one simple product – you don’t need to have two separate products that you need to use at separate times.
- The serum is lightweight – it doesn’t feel heavy at all and works well with a night cream on top but could also work with something a day moisturiser too – but as it’s a retinol I would only use this at night and follow with an SPF in the morning.
- If you’re looking for a day product with retinol this may be something for you as it can be used both day and night – but please use SPF. I personally only use this at night.
- You wake up with glowing, soft skin that over time, will be improved due to the great ingredients.
- It won’t cause peeling or irritation when used correctly.
I will say one thing: Use this product with care – I found if I used this too often without something really nice and nourishing on top, that one little patch of the side of my nose would get a little sore… no peeling, just a little itchy. But when not used too much, and with good nourishing products alongside it, I didn’t have any issues. This is an effective product so be mindful of that when using.
This is a wonderful serum for both Vitamin C and Retinol lovers alike!
Buy the serum from feel unique