I just wanted to let you know that Winter has arrived! To protect your skin from winter winds and central heating wreaking havoc here’s our edit of some effective winter skin saviors!
- This mask is unique in that it foams once in contact with the skin, providing cooling hydration and nourishment.
- I have to say that I quite like the way that this mask foams… it’s different and it feels ‘active’.
- It instantly re-energizes and hydrates for visibly brighter, healthier looking skin
- It also contains skin soothers in the form of Aloe Vera, and added moisture and tone is provided to the skin by Wild Watermint.
- It’s a powerful tool for positive ageing that can help to improve your skin’s moisture content and at the same time strengthen skin’s defence barrier
- It comes in easy to use, easy to carry absolutely anywhere, chic and light tube…love it!!
- It includes alpha hydroxy acids which are great for removing dead skin cells. There is the added bonus of red algae, Tara fruit extract and niacinamide which are known as antioxidants.
- It is a powerhouse exfoliator (the brand call it a resurfacer) that really does leave you with super smooth skin and is particularly useful for those focused on positive ageing.
- I love the fact that this includes the consistently popular charcoal which like in their charcoal face mask, works to purify the skin and absorb all of the nasty stuff that makes its way into our pores.
Georgio Armani Primer
- Not only is this SPF 50, but it’s lightweight too. Even though it is winter, don’t skip your SPF!
- I love the transparency of this primer as well as its lightweight and silky fine texture all of which makes it feel as though you are applying a face lotion …it sinks in and virtually disappears.
- This is marketed as suitable for all skin types, and it works well on combination skin
Vanderohe Nourishing Serum
- This bottle of pure alchemy is not a beauty oil in the classic sense of the word, it is the mind body and spirit elixir.
- As soon as you open the bottle and inhale the pureness of the ingredients, they start to work on you, they start to envelop you.
- It appeals to most of the senses – touch, visual with its golden colour and smell, you can actually feel the quality of the oil.
Antonia Burrell Bright + Light Eye Cream
- It includes meadowfoam extract to soften the skin and prevent dryness, Avena Sativa (Oat) Oil to keep inflammation away and to soothe, smooth and nourish skin, White Bird of Paradise/Strelitzia Flower Extract for brightening, pomegranate & Orange Blossom Peptides, for lifting and smoothing and beetroot extract to improve hydration.
- It is richly moisturising but doesn’t leave you feeling greasy.
- It helps improve the appearance of dark circles and puffiness under the eyes.
DHC Lip Cream
- It feels like it really does something and unlike some lip balms that seem to disappear very quickly, this one seems to remain on the lips and keep them moisturised for hours.
- The stick format makes application effortless
- It contains Vitamin E that nourishes the skin along with Aloe to soothe and Olive Oil that neutralises free radicals.
The Ordinary Buffet
- I love to use this in the morning and works like a dream with the Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5.
- It is a multi-peptide serum to tackle multiple signs of ageing.
- It has a very silky texture which feels lovely on the skin.
The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5
- Hyaluronic Acid can hold up to 1000 times its own weight in water so this product will help you get more hydrated skin which is plumper, firmer and has a luminous glow.
- It is quite lightweight and sinks into the skin quickly, you’re not left feeling greasy or like you’ve got a film on your face.
- I love using this in conjunction with a hydrating facial mist – it really helps to seal in the moisture!
Buy the Firming Foaming Mask for £48 from Perricone MD
Buy the Emma Hardie Plump and Glow Hydrating Mist for £36 from Feel Unique
Buy the Vanderohe Nourishing Face Serum for £88 from Vanderohe
Buy the Antonia Burrell Bright + Light Eye Cream for £44 from Antonia Burrell
Buy the Dermalogica Superfoliant for £55 from Dermalogica
Buy the Giorgio Armani Maestro UV Make-up Primer for £40 from Giorgio Armani
Buy the DHC Lip Cream for £8.75 from DHC
Buy The Ordinary Buffet Serum for £12.70 from The Ordinary
Buy the Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 for £5.90 from Victoria Health
* (PR gift/sample)