This is one of those questions that Makeup Artists are always asked, and we all know how frustrating it is when we’ve applied a lipstick, ready for the day or evening and it fails to stay the course.
Here are some tips that will help that perfect lipstick last longer:
1) firstly and most importantly make sure that your lips are in good condition
* lips are skin! so keep them moisturised by making sure that you keep hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids.
* keep them nourished and moisturised by using a good lip balm
* if you are prone to flaky lips, exfoliate them
2) create a base for your lipstick by either applying your foundation to your lips or using one of the many lip primers that are available. You could try ‘Too Faced lip insurance lip primer’ or ‘Mac prep & prime lip’.
3) next use a lip pencil ideally in a similar colour to your lipstick, to line and fill in your lips…this helps your colour to last longer.
4) apply the first coat of lipstick and blot.
5) lightly powder your lips with translucent powder
Then apply your final coat of lipstick and voila! long lasting lipstick is yours.
email hi@wowbeauty and let us know how you get on.