Serums are something that is so essential to a skincare routine. Whereas moisturisers tend to work on the outer layers of the skin to moisturise and treat, serums tend to work on deeper levels, to get deeper into the skin and really treat from within. This Annmarie Gianni Citrus Stem Cell Serum is a beautiful serum that works soothe and tone the skin, moisturise it on a deeper level and it also utilises anti-oxidants to protect the skin from free radical damage.
Firstly – I just have to say that this serum has a really beautiful aroma. You can smell the rosemary and as someone who loves rosemary, this is a winner.
It sinks into the skin easily and quickly, which means it works great underneath your regular moisturiser. It has a lovely texture, rich that makes the skin glow. It has a lovely slip which means that it’s easily spread across the skin and absorbs beautifully. The effect? Skin that feels soothed and protected, whilst giving you a subtle glow from within. It makes the skin feel alive and toned. For someone with sun compromised skin or mature skin – this serum is a beautiful choice.
This serum has an impressive ingredients list – rich with super ingredients like Squalane, Hyaluronic Acid, Rosehip Seed Oil and Aloe Leaf Juice which have amazing skincare benefits.
Key Ingredients in the Annmarie Gianni Citrus Stem Serum:
- It contains a special citrus stem cell complex: plant-based stem cells can transform the look of your skin’s texture, clarity, and overall appearance with a deeply rejuvenating medley of amino acids, proteins and peptides
- Aloe vera juice, serum blend (*aloe vera juice): it’s highly anti-inflammatory to soothe compromised skin and can help seal in moisture into the skin.
- Squalane [plant sugar derived] – fast absorbing oil which mimics your skin’s natural oils, making it an excellent emollient (find out more in our feature on Squalane here)
- Hyaluronic Acid – it is a mega moisturiser. It’s known as a humectant – which means it grabs onto moisture so your skin can absorb it. It can hold up to 1000 times its own weight in water so this product will help you get more hydrated skin which is plumper and firmer. Find out more about Hyaluronic Acid here.
- Superoxide Dismutase – the body’s smart antioxidant enzyme that protects the cells from highly reactive, cell-damaging superoxide radicals. A really potent antioxidant!
- Although Rosemary is a great antioxidant and it’s also an antimicrobial agent so wonderful for acne-prone skin. if you have sensitive skin this might be an irritant.
This is a great serum for those with more oily skin, to tone the skin and brighten it.
About Annmarie Gianni
All of their products have a potent aloe vera base and this serum is no exception.
Annmarie Gianni uses organic and wildcrafted ingredients — including herbs and plant extracts which they then infuse selected herbs into aloe vera and into skin nutritive oils for up to 30 days at low heat (never over 95°).
All of their products are
- Made in USA
- Made with ingredients that are organic, wildcrafted, and have the planet in mind
This brand has a very clear sustainability vision, which can be described in 3 steps, as you’ll see below:
STEP 1: CURATE
They carefully curate organic and wildcrafted ingredients—from herbs to high-vibration plant extracts—that meet the highest standards of quality and effectiveness for your skin and body. Annmarie forges relationships with farmers and tirelessly audit our sources to maintain our standards of purity and sustainability.
STEP 2: INFUSE
They infuse hand-selected herbs into organic aloe vera and skin-nutritive oils at low heat (never over 95°). These botanical infusions are left to steep for up to 30 days and energized by crystals before serving as a potent base for all our formulas.
STEP 3: CREATE
They then add high-performance seed oils, antioxidant-rich botanicals, and synergistic plant stem cells that deliver skin-supporting nutrients and luxurious aromatherapy. The result? Active, supernaturally-effective skin care—and their commitment to Clean Beauty Since Day 1. Finally, they house all of their products in Miron violet glass, which energizes the organic molecules of the product by filtering in a small percentage of light while protecting it from the harmful rays of the light spectrum. These are then packaged with intention using sustainable materials that are recyclable or made up of post-consumer waste, and produced at a wind-powered facility.