Beauties, how often do you take the time to give your lips a treatment? This duo by Herbal Dynamics is a great way to give your lips a little treatment and is a step I love to take when I’m planning on going out wearing a bold lipstick – because who doesn’t want to make sure their lips look their best whilst rocking that bright lip? We know all about how important self-care is, and that a beauty ritual can be an important way to give yourself that time to really concentrate on yourself. Whether that’s through a face mask or a really beautiful body oil that you take the time to connect with your body as you massage it in… everyone has a different preference.
Acai and Mango Sugar Lip Scrub
Love that this lip scrub is drier than a lot on the market right now. I feel it gives me a really effective scrub when I’ve really got a case of flaky, dry lips. I feel like I’m really getting to work at my lips with this – but it’s not something I could use every day, so, like the mask, this is certainly a treatment rather than something you would use daily.
The oils and butters do leave the lips feeling nourished, but it’s more like you’ve applied a lip balm, your lips aren’t left feeling oily.
What’s in it
- It contains cocoa butter, pistachio oil, macademia oil and Vitamin E.
- The sugar basis in this scrub is also Sucrose (table sugar) to exfoliate the lips.
Volumising and Smoothing Rapid Lip Mask Treatment
Now, to be completely honest, when I first tried this I didn’t like it as did sting (as it’s supposed to). I’m not sure if I’m just adjusting to it or something, but after using it a few times more over the past few months, the sting doesn’t bother me as much.
I leave this lip mask on until it dries (yes, the pink colour does mean you look slightly strange – it’s like a film on the lips).
The lips do feel plumped and smoother. When these two products are combined, I really do feel like my lips are softer and smoother, so like to use them before I’m planning on using a liquid lipstick, which can be quite unforgiving on chapped, dry lips. I like it more for the smoothing effect, so the lipstick doesnt cling to any dry patches when I go to use it. Lips just look brand new and without any dry skin clinging to them.
After using the mask, I then follow it with a balm/oil for more of a hit of hydration.
What’s in the lip treatment
- Extract of the Kiss-Me-Quick flower (Portulaca pilosa) which is easily absorbed through the dermis, is rich in vitamin A and beta carotene. It can help strengthen and regenerate the skin and has been used as a natural treatment for several skin ailments. This is also what gives this product that beautiful pink colour!
- A natural peptide stimulates hyaluronic acid synthesis for a plumper and softer lips.
- Xylitol aids in moisture retention and antioxidant-rich apple extract promotes renewal.
Buy the Volumising Lip Scrub and Mask Duo for $38 from Herbal Dynamics