Having a nice skincare routine has become something that is a must-have these days. Making sure we treat our skin right is as much a part of our own self-care as what we put in our bodies sometimes. We’re always on the lookout for skincare that treats our skin right, with great ingredients and that makes the skin feel nice as part of our daily routines. Recently, we’ve been trying out some products from the natural and vegan brand Dr Botanicals. Here are our thoughts on this PETA approved vegan company and their Moroccan Rose products.
About the Brand
Dr Botanicals is a 100% natural, cruelty-free and vegan brand. They believe that beautiful skin can be achieved without the use of chemicals.
Moroccan Rose Concentrated Body Oil
What’s it like?
This is a nice oil, but a little thinner than we’re used to. It sinks in quickly and doesn’t feel greasy at all. It behaves a little like a dry oil and it smells lovely.
What’s in it?
- Moroccan Rose Oil – rich in Vitamin A to smooth the skin and reduce the visibility of imperfections.
- Olive Oil – provides intense moisturisation whilst restoring and protecting the skin.
- Sweet Almond Oil – rich in antioxidants and vitamins which aim to enrich the complexion, ease skin irritations, and balance the skin. Find out more about Sweet Almond Oil here.
Moroccan Rose & Shea Butter Body Cream
What’s it like?
A thinner formula than some body creams, but it means that it sinks into the skin quickly and beautifully. Delicately scented with rose. I don’t think it would work for very dry skin but if you have normal skin and just a daily moisturiser, this could work for you nicely.
What’s in it
- Moroccan Rose Oil – rich in Omegas 3 and 6 to firm and hydrate the skin.
- Shea Butter – contains high levels of Vitamins A, F and E which aim to protect, soothe and rejuvenate the skin.
- Apricot Kernel Oil – an amazing source of Vitamins A and E, rich in essential fatty acids, which deeply moisturises and nourishes the skin.
Both of these products would be great as everyday products – they work quickly and make the skin feel nice. They’re perhaps not the ones for you if you’re in need of deep hydration or need something that’ll give radical results, but as everyday products when you want something with an attractive scent and good, natural ingredients, these two are absolutely lovely.
These two products are currently on sale for around £-9-£19 so if you’re interested in picking them up, check out the website! (Sale as of 06/07/2018)