I am always on the lookout for a good toner and my definition of a good toner is one that clarifies my skin, removes any residue that is left over from my cleanse and leaves my skin not only looking good but feeling comfortable …not dry, not stinging just comfortable and ready for the next step. Regular readers might remember that I have combination skin and I find that combination skin needs a toner that helps to clarify and remove any signs of congestion (if it’s one thing I hate more than dull skin, it’s blackheads even if they are tiny ones)
I am often disappointed by toners that promise all sorts of great things for my skin but really end up making me feel as if I’m not doing anything at all, except for wiping a nicely scented lotion over my face, so I am always suitably excited when something comes along that promises to deliver more than just nicely scented skin.
So when I was looking for a new toner recently I came across this offering from Eve Lom and decided to give it a go mainly because I like the ingredients but also because I’ve been a big Eve Lom fan for years …her products never disappoint – put it this way I always have the Eve Lom legendary cleanser as part of my skincare toolkit.
What’s in it?
Let’s begin with what’s not in it – basically, as we have come to expect, it is free of the usual nasties you know – parabens sulphates phthalates et cetera
I really like the fact that this contains botanical extracts like aloe leaf and Centella Asiatica as well as witch hazel and Bergamot water which is a natural source of AHA’s, as is Australian caviar lime. Actually, the overriding fragrance is that of witch hazel- so nothing too heavy or overwhelming.
- Centella Asiatica extract: can help revitalize skin’s protective barrier and it may mitigate some of the visible effects of sun damage
- Aloe leaf: it speeds healing, helping to prevent scarring and prevent future blemishes
- Bergamot water: antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
- Australian caviar lime: contains a high concentration of vitamin C, which helps to increase collagen production and help tighten skin. It also has strong antioxidant and antimicrobial properties.
What’s to love
lt leaves my skin soothed, smooth and clean looking. I really look forward to using this because it’s like the finishing touch to my cleansing routine. It’s easy to use with a cotton wool pad and it has a non-sticky texture, so your skin feels fresh and moisturised and looks clean after use. This is a gentle but effective toner.
The brand says…
- Protects cells from environmental strain and defends against dehydration
- Stimulates the natural process of cell turnover, with mild exfoliation, while promoting cellular vitality for a flawless look
- Tones and stimulates to improve skin health while soothing and conditioning skin surface
- Pores are minimized and texture appears more even
Buy the toner for £55 from Space NK
Leave A Comment