We’re all looking for those powerhouse products that really step up the game in skincare. Those products that combine those star ingredients to create something magical.
Australian brand Alpha H has created something quite special with their Power Peel – combining two of the hot ingredients at the moment – Glycolic Acid and Retinol.
This has the classic Alpha H tingle, courtesy of the Glycolic Acid content in this product! It really feels like it’s doing something, which is great. Love the Alpha H Glycolic products, so knew this would be a winner! There have been studies to show that glycolic acid has increased efficacy when used with retinol.
What’s to love
- Love that the packaging is airtight and has a pump (?) which means it doesn’t get into contact with the air and lose potency.
- Love the tingle – it’s working its magic!
- Skin feels glowing in the morning.
- I haven’t had any peeling/redness from using this product, which is something you sometimes get with retinol-based products.
- It’s got a great formula, combining a variety of ingredients to really brighten and re-energise the skin. I would usually be a little wary of products that combine a strong acid like retinol with glycolic, as this could be too strong, but I trust the Alpha H brand to combine this in a way that works beautifully and it certainly doesn’t feel like it’s irritating the skin.
- Vitamin A – Provides firming and regenerating properties.
- Chronodyn – Helps to tone and re-energise skin.
- Axolight &- Creates a brightening effect for the complexion.
- 14% Glycolic Acid – Helps to improve the appearance of fine lines.
- 0.5% Retinol – Provides intense anti-ageing properties.
How to use
Evening, once or twice a week. No need to apply a night cream after this.
Make sure to use SPF in the morning after using this as the skin will be more sensitive to the sunlight.
What to watch
If you have very sensitive skin, this may be too strong for you. As always, please make sure you patch this as it’s quite a potent formula. Also, there’s no need to use more than the recommended 1-2 times a week.
Overall, this is a fab product to add to my evening routine rotation. It’s not something I use every day, but just using it once or twice a week yields fab results… very happy with this!