Beauties, the sun is officially OUT and we like nothing more on a hot, beautiful day like this, than a tasty salad. These salads from Waitrose look refreshing, zingy and delicious!
Which one is your favourite?
Crunchy papaya salad with fiery passion fruit dressing
100g sugar snap peas
200g red cabbage, very finely sliced
4 salad onions, halved and thinly sliced lengthways into strips
28g pack coriander
25g pack Thai basil
1 large papaya, halved, seeds removed, peeled and thinly sliced
4 Little Gem lettuce hearts, each cut into 4 wedges
For the dressing
2 passion fruit
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
Juice 2 limes
2 tsp Cooks’ Ingredients Nam Pla Fish Sauce
20g piece fresh ginger, finely grated
50g Love Life roasted peanuts, finely chopped
1. Bring a small pan of water to the boil, add the sugar snap peas and cook for 2–3 minutes until tender but still crisp. Drain and run under cold water to refresh. Drain well then halve lengthways and place in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the red cabbage to the bowl with the salad onions. Remove the stems from the coriander, chop finely and add to the bowl, then roughly chop the leaves and add those. Pick the Thai basil leaves off the stems and gently tear with your fingers into large pieces then toss in the bowl with the other ingredients. Gently stir through the papaya.
3. Arrange the lettuce wedges on a serving platter and spoon the salad on top.
4. Halve the passion fruit and scoop out the pulp with a teaspoon into a bowl. Add the chilli, lime juice, fish sauce and ginger and mix together well. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and sprinkle over the chopped peanuts to serve.
Cucumber, feta & strawberry salad
1 medium cucumber
200g strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
50g watercress, tough stalk removed
Juice ½ lemon
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Small bunch fresh mint, roughly chopped
1. Slice the cucumber lengthways into thin ribbons using a vegetable peeler. When you get to the seeds in the middle, turn the cucumber and slice from the other side. Discard the seeds.
2. Arrange the cucumber strips loosely on a large serving platter. Scatter over the strawberries and watercress leaves, then crumble big pieces of feta over the top.
3. Whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil and drizzle over the salad. Finish by sprinkling over the mint and adding a good grinding of coarse black pepper. You shouldn’t need extra salt due to the saltiness of the feta.
If you’ve got any recipes you’d like us to feature, please share them with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This recipe and featured image is from Waitrose
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com