All of this hot sunny weather is truly wonderful and is a great reminder of what a real summer is and of course, the long sultry days mean that we are able to enjoy long sultry evenings but no matter how much you are loving the summer heat it is really easy to find yourself just a little bit too hot and flustered!
So here are some tips that might make it easier for you to beat the heat and stay calm especially when you have to work.
- If you have to travel around the city allow yourself extra time so that you don’t have to rush around… just stroll… rushing around gets the pulse racing and will just make you hotter.
- Try keeping cool wet flannel cloth close to hand that you can apply to your pulse points quarter the back of your neck or to your forehead when you feel yourself overheating.
- Try keeping a facial mist in your refrigerator at home or at work to use whenever needed.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
- Keep a bottle of water with you at all times. Apparently, our bodies are hydrated more effectively manage when we drink cool water instead of ice cold water.
- Try to wear heat friendly fabrics like cotton.
- Switch to a natural deodorant reapplied whenever desired.
- Have a relaxing bath or shower after a long day the heat.
- Before bed try cooling your body down by soaking your feet in cool water for about 5 minutes.
- Choose cotton sheets for maximum breathability and ventilation.
- If you have a hot water bottle, stick it in the freezer to make it a bed-friendly ice pack.
- Wear loose clothing to bed.
- Make sure to keep a glass of water by your bed so you can keep yourself hydrated throughout the night.