Aloe Vera is widely known to relieve sunburn and help heal your wounds. But did you know that everyone’s favourite potted plant can be used for much more than just sunburns and as a decoration at home? Let’s talk about it!
Where is it from?
Aloe Vera is a succulent and has been long used for medicinal purposes, all the way back to ancient Egypt. It’s native to North Africa, Southern Europe and the Canary Islands. These days, it’s grown in tropical climates across the world.
Let’s talk about the benefits of this fabulous plant…
- We all know Aloe Vera as the go-to for sunburn
- It can provide quick relief on small wounds and burns, as well as speeding up the healing process by boosting collagen and fighting bacteria.
- It can also be used to treat dandruff
- It contains antioxidants, enzymes, Vitamins A and C, and it is highly anti-inflammatory. It can help treat burns, acne and dry skin
- The enzymes in Aloe Vera can help to exfoliate the skin on a surface level to help treat acne
- It absorbs into the skin easily, making it a great moisturiser for oily skin.
Here are some products featuring Aloe Vera
Naya Overnight Hydration Mask
This mask should be a part of everyone’s skincare toolkit: why? Because it really is like a secret weapon with not 1, not 2 but 5 forms of hyaluronic acid plus Powerful adaptogens such Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp, and Aloe Vera, Phytic Acid and the brands signature Cacay Oil deliver essential fatty acids, vitamins and potent antioxidants to neutralise free radicals! This mask delivers real hydration, leaving your skin plumped and moist after use and it lasts! Great for tired, dry, dehydrated skin or just when you want to give your skin some extra love!
Kiehl’s Calendula & Aloe Soothing Hydration Masque
This is a lovely gel texture mask which smells lovely. It feels pleasantly cool on the skin and with regular use, your skin looks fresher and revitalised. Some of the key ingredients including Calendula Petals, they are native to the Mediterranean, which are known for its skin soothing properties and Aloe of course! Leave it on for 15 minutes for super soft, hydrated skin.
Uma Absolute Anti Aging Aloe Rose Toner
When is a toner not just a toner? When it’s a moisturiser of course. This Uma Absolute Anti Aging Aloe Rose Toner is just that. This is luscious and full bodied …I know that it sounds like I’m describing a bottle of wine and in many ways it’s like that. The starting point of this is a rose water base, not just any rose water though, but like many of their ingredients from their own farm. And then the magic starts with the Inclusion of a multitude of potent plant based ingredients, precious and celebrated Ayurvedic botanicals. The Uma Aloe Rose Toner feels like a drink for the skin, it leaves your skin moisturised, hydrated and plumped, so much so that you could feel as if you could skip some of your other products. Aloe and watermelon are used to for their ability to calm sensitivity and provide moisture deep into the skin.
Alpha H Balancing Cleanser with Aloe
I’m usually a balm sort of girl but once in a while a cream cleanser comes along and seduces me. This aloe cleanser from Alpha H is one of those beauties.
It has a nice clean scent and the cream texture has enough slip to glide across the skin, but thick enough that it feels like a cleanser and not just a face lotion. I like to use this if my skin is feeling a little sensitive or after I’ve been wearing makeup as a second cleanse. It’s a soft cream and doesn’t leave the skin feeling stripped or dry, just soothed and clean.
- You can also crush and grind the leaf of the aloe vera plant to be made into a drink – often added to smoothies and shakes and loved for its health benefits. It has a mild, tolerable flavour. Some of the health benefits include:
- As its very water-dense, it can help prevent or treat dehydration, along with being packed in nutrients. Can be great when rehydrating after a workout!
- Because of its water-dense properties and the fact it’s rich in phytonutrients, it can help keep your liver healthy.
- It can help increase the water content in your intestines… helping you to pass stool easier.
- It’s a rich source of anti-oxidants and vitamins that can help protect the skin and help the appearance of acne… it can also help to neutralise the effects f UV radiation.
- It contains important vitamins and minerals like vitamins B, C, E, and folic acid.
- It can also give you relief from heartburn – it also contains several enzymes that help to breakdown sugars and fats and keep digestion running smoothly, as well as helping to decrease irritation in the some and intestines.
- It can also help lower blood sugar levels
What’s your favourite thing about this fab plant?
Leave A Comment