I love it when a brand appears that is so clearly born out of love and passion that you can’t wait to meet the founder and discover where all of that love and passion comes from, and passion is a word that personifies this brand perfectly.
When I was introduced to ‘skin alchemists’ it was via the Humble Warrior Cleansing Oil and the Sesenne Rejuvenating facial elixir, I was excited.
These were the perfect products to me to trial as cleansing oils are my favourite form of cleanser and face oils are my favourite daily nourishes.
In a nutshell, this brand is the lovechild of Teresa Edward and is inspired by the natural botanicals and herbal remedies found on the Caribbean island of St Lucia: in fact her aunt who was the ‘go to’ herbalist on the island was one of the key inspirations behind the range as she had a potent elixir for pretty much every ailment.
The passion also comes from Teresa’s experience with her own skin: she observed that while living in the West, her skin underwent a dramatic change and it was only when she went back to Saint Lucia for an extended holiday that has skin started to improve again as she was reminded of the power of clean organic living which served as a catalyst for her brand.
This brand uses 100% organic or wild crafted therapeutic ingredients sourced from the best farmers globally – all focused on retaining the energy of the oils.
The Humble Warrior
The Humble Warrior complete cleansing oil – aptly named as cleansers have a lot of serious work to do as the first part of a skincare regime and as the brand say “you need a warrior that brings an armoury of cleansing and healing oils.”
This oil is all about the ritual and is perfect for indulging in some mindful cleansing, you know the kind where you spend time warming at all in the palm of your hand, applying it to your face and indulging in some gentle facial massage as you work the oil into your skin, benefiting from its gorgeous aroma. The brand positively encourages this kind of ritualised cleansing and as you know we’re all about that to.
This powerful cleanser incorporates the use of both large and small oil molecules designed for detoxifying the skin by massaging: stimulating both circulation and lymphatic flow, which means that you are left with gorgeously glowing skin plus this cleanser is great for all skin types. I have to tell you that my combination skin loves it….as it leaves it feeling clean and nourished while looking radiant.
What’s in it:
- Castor seed oil – a multi-purpose vegetable oil, rich in ricinoleic acid, a monounsaturated fatty acid which act as humectants and can be used to moisturize the skin
- Camelina seed oil – packed with Omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin E, and anti-oxidants.
- Hemp seed oil – it’s made by cold pressing hempseeds: it contains different omega 6 fatty acids and is good for all skintypes and particularly good for treating inflammatory skin conditions. Find out more about Hemp Seed Oil here.
- Neroli oil – has a gorgeous organge scent and it’s antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory.
- Sandalwood oil – it has a grounding, earthy scent for a mindful experience, along with powerful antibacterial properties. Find out more about Sandalwood here.
It is all hand-blended.
This lovely oil is multifunctional, whilst its primary focus is on cleansing it can also be used as a massage oil, body oil, beard oil or scalp therapy.
Sesenne Rejuvenating Facial Elixir
We are spoilt for choice when it comes to face oils at the moment and it can be incredibly difficult to narrow down which ones might be best for your skin, however this blend of 24 in skin loving ingredients is definitely one of those that you want to add to your list.
Every single one of the ingredients used in this blend is designed to work synergistically to boost your skin and optimise its appearance; this tropical cocktail includes jasmine, nutmeg, rose de mai in its formula creating a bespoke tropical inspired fragrance journey.
What’s in it
- Sesenne includes oils like antioxidant cacay seed oil which is known as nature’s own retinol.
- Rose Otto and rose de mai which are great skin rejuvenators.
- Frankincense which is rich in terpenes which are anti inflammatory and is a powerful skin regenerator.
- Rosehip oil which is packed with vitamin c.
- Chia seed oil are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, rich in antioxidants.
- Black seed oil naturally fights acne, clogged pores, and inflammation.
- Prickly Pear contains the highest amount of vitamin E of any other beauty oil on the market. In fact it contains 150% more vitamin E than argan oil. This oil is also extremely rich in essential fatty acids including omega 6 and 9, antioxidants, polyphenols, amino acids and vitamin K.
- Sea Buckthorn oil may help your skin heal from wounds, sunburns, frostbite and bedsores. It may also promote elasticity and protect against dryness.
This lush golden elixir is a pleasure to use and is perfect when used after the cleansing oil or as part of any other regime. It feels rich and nourishing, but not heavy. simply warm a few drops in your hands, inhale and press into your skin.
Result: instant fabulous skin: nourished, radiant and feeling moist and loved. When used consistently your skin will respond with more of the above.
The Humble Warrior is £50 from Skin Alchemists
The sesenne facial elixir is £85 from Skin Alchemists
May contain affiliate links
Leave A Comment