Are hair oils on your agenda? Hair oils are a great tool to add to your haircare arsenal… here’s why, plus three hair oils that I’ve been loving:
Here are some of the benefits of a hair oil
- It can help improve the quality of your hair.
- It can also protect your hair by preventing damage. They are lubricants, so great for detangling hair and preventing knots when applied to wet hair and are also a sealant so they seal the cuticle down.
- It can help make your hair shinier and smoother – therefore less frizzy and feel softer.
- By massaging certain hair oils into your scalp, it can help stimulate hair growth, but scalp oils are not for everyone so do some research if that is right for you.
- If you’ve got curly hair and like to style your hair into a cast that needs breaking – oils are great to help break the cast and seal everything in and prevent moisture loss.
- They’re most suited for curly and afro hair, as they can be a little too heavy for straight hair.
- You can apply hair oils to slightly damp hair to encourage the oil to absorb into the hair better.
Here are three hair oils I’ve been loving recently…
Haer SUSINUM Luxuriant Hair Oil
Beautifully light in texture, this hair oil from Haer deeply nourishes the hair and gives it a lovely shine without weighing it down or making it feel greasy. The scent of this hair oil is absolutely gorgeous, I cannot get enough of it. It’s a very thin oil so a lot goes a long way and it doesn’t feel like it weighs the hair down at all.
With consistent use, I noticed that my hair was shinier – I like to use this after I’ve finished diffusing my hair to soften the gel cast. This works beautifully. I also like to apply this when my hair is starting to look a little dry in between washes and in need of nourishment to revive the curls. Love.
This one is best suited for those who don’t want a thick, heavy oil. Very lightweight with a beautiful scent.
- Watermelon Seed Extract – helps you get glossy, healthy hair.
- Egyptian Blue Lotus – has conditioning properties to increase the natural shine of damaged hair
- Nourishing Moringa – The rich nutrients such as zinc (which is essential for maintaining healthy hair) help boost keratin production to strengthen hair and prevent breakage. Additionally, the proteins in moringa oil also help to protect hair from potential damaging factors such as heat and the environment.
- Health-giving Pomegranate – it can help smooth frizzy hair and deeply condition it.
- Regenerative Black Cumin – also hydrates the hair, soften skin, and act as a moisturizer.
Buy the Haer SUSINUM Luxuriant Hair Oil
Curlsmith Bonding Oil
This powerful hair oil from much loved curly hair brand Curlsmith works to repair the bonds in your hair and seal the cuticle… making this the perfect oil for anyone who has sustained any damage to their hair… heat, colour etc. It’s enriched with next level bond building technology to also improve shine and repair the hair. Love using this to break the gel cast… the hair is left super shiny and protected, love!
Using bond-building technology, it works to…
- Seal cuticles
- Repair damage
- Enhance shine
- It’s super lightweight and enriched with protein to strengthen the hair!
- Can help improve shine too.
- Plantsilk – next generation blend of plant derived esters specifically designed to outperform silicones whilst being lighter than raw oils
- Vegan Keratin – a blend of chickea, quinoa and lentil proteins designed to penetrate the hair shaft to fortify the hair’s structure
- Sea Buckthorn Oil – deeply nourishes the strands and seals in moisture, leaving soft and bouncy hair
- Castor Seeds – cuticle smoothing complex derived from castor beans that glues cuticles down to make hair smoother and softer, throughout washes
- Apricot Kernel Oil – obtained from the seeds of the fruit, this light oil is an incredible moisturiser, rich in vitamins and minerals.
It’s quite a protein-rich hair oil – so if you’re sensitive to that, be mindful! Find out more about protein here.
Buy the Curlsmith Bonding Oil from Curlsmith
Innersense – Harmonic Treatment Oil
This hair oil from Innersense is most suited as a multi-tasker: not only is this designed for your hair, it also works great on beards, as a facial oil and could even be used as an oil cleanser. It’s also great for the scalp too!
The Harmonic Treatment oil has the thickest, richest texture of the three oils and this richness makes it feel luxurious and it’s a pleasure to use. The beautiful scent also makes the experience a mindful one – you take a moment to apply it to your hands and then breath in the scent before applying – heavenly!
- Safflower Seed Oil– is rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals, this is a mild, nearly odorless oil which absorbs quickly and is non-greasy.
- Evening Primrose Oil– is high in essential fatty acids, especially GLA or Gamma- linolenic acid.
- Macadamia Seed Oil– nourishing, vitamin-rich, light textured oil is used in emollients.
- Tamanu Oil– is a significant topical healing agent from the sacred tamanu tree and has high levels of lipids, fatty acids and anti-inflammatory agents
- Hazel Seed Oil–a light, non-greasy, toning oil for combination skin types.
- Orange Flower Oil– defines and intensifies curls and waves while providing a harmonizing and uplifting natural aromatic top note.
- Jojoba Seed Oil– A soothing, non-greasy, nourishing oil for all skin types, this natural oil most resembles our own skin oils. It is excellent for use in dry to normal skin and hair care.
- Rosemary Essential Oil– is known for its healthy influence on the scalp by increasing circulation which is beneficial for stimulating hair growth.
Buy the Harmonic Treatment Oil