I was recently invited to attend the salon launch of the new fabulous Colour Depositing masks from MOROCCANOIL® and was excited to get to try them out!
What really dress me to this launch was that it’s basically a mask with colour – so not only do you get a gorgeous colour, but you’re also treating your hair at the same time. And it’s infused with argon oil, which for someone with curly hair is amazing.
I have tried the colour ‘Hibiscus’ out on my hair, which is a beautiful bold pink…. Here are my thoughts.
I’ve coloured my hair in the past. I have naturally dark brown hair but I do have blonde highlights, which is something I wanted to play with in this session. I chose the shade Hibiscus as I do like pink.
I’ve tried pink before (a different brand) and for whatever reason, it just didn’t work. It just faded incredibly fast and within basically a wash it was out of my hair.
But I’ve tried reds and purples before and they’ve always taken really well. So I had high hopes for this working and the colour has taken very well. It’s rich and bright and really elevated the highlights which were starting to disappear into the rest of my hair.
- ArganIDTM: positively charged micro-particles are attracted to the negatively charged hair fiber, infusing argan oil into the cortex while simultaneously helping to repair and seal the hair.
- Amino Acid Blend: offers colour protection and repair benefits to strengthen the hair structure, improving colour retention and shine while detangling.
- Apricot Kernel Oil: a high concentration of oleic acid, linoleic acid and Vitamin E helps to soften and improve hydration of the hair and scalp.
- Hydrolyzed Soy Protein: a conditioning agent derived from soy that moisturises and protects hair.
- Panthenol: a form of Vitamin B5 that hydrates and imparts a glossy finish.
- Polyquaternium-70: a conditioning ingredient that helps create healthy looking hair, while providing frizz control, shine retention, detangling and conditioning benefits.